In this episode of Life Science Success, my guest is Rajeev Sehgal. Rajeev is the Sr. Director of Informatics at Azenta Life Sciences. Rajeev is responsible for development and execution of Informatics strategy including product management, development, SQA, delivery, and support.
- Rajeev Sehgal discusses his experience with developing strategies that can be executed effectively. He highlights the importance of not only thinking about strategy but also having a clear understanding of how to execute it.
- Sehgal emphasizes the significance of focusing on the process rather than solely on the results. He notes that if the steps are right and repeatable, the results will show up eventually.
- Sehgal advises new leaders to be kind to themselves and not put too much pressure on themselves to deliver right away, especially in a new role or organization.
- He expresses concern about people hiding behind processes to stop progress and analysis paralysis, where people want more data than necessary before making a decision.
- Sehgal finds inspiration in doing something that will have a patient impact, working with colleagues who are doing amazing work, and seeing his children grow.
- Strategies must lead to good execution paths for their value to be realized.
- Focusing on the process and making it repeatable is key to achieving results.
- New leaders should be kind to themselves and not put too much pressure on themselves to deliver right away.
- People should not hide behind processes to stop progress, and analysis paralysis should be avoided.
- Doing something that will have a patient impact and working with colleagues who are doing amazing work can be inspiring.