In this episode of Life Science Success my guests are Rahul Sharma, the co-founder and CSO of Scienetix, a company dedicated to enabling Molecular Diagnosis. Dr. Sharma is a board-certified laboratory director and technical lead for Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and PCR-based assay development and clinical testing. He has developed multiple Molecular Diagnosis tests and translated them into clinical testing.
Additionally, We are joined by Rob Carpenter PhD, MBA the CEO of Scienetix. Rob is a healthcare executive and educator with over 25 years’ experience in developing, managing, and assimilating healthcare companies. He is distinctly skilled in business development and various business growth strategies. He is founder and current CEO of Advanta Genetics, a highly complex clinical and research laboratory accredited by the College of American Pathologists with concentration in infectious disease molecular genomics and Scienetix, a bioscientific company centered around products to optimize molecular genomic workflows.
- In the podcast, Dr. Sharma and Dr. Carpenter talk about the healthcare industry’s need to optimize workflow and reduce costs in laboratory testing.
- Their company, Scienetix, is working on developing extraction-free tests that will eliminate the need for sample pre-processing and make testing more accessible and cheaper for labs.
- They are also focused on increasing the multiplex capability of PCR reactions, which will allow labs to test for more targets in a single reaction.
- Dr. Sharma and Dr. Carpenter also discuss their leadership styles and offer advice on being reliable, thinking about the application of science, and staying creative.
- They express concern about the growing distrust of science and the spread of misinformation, particularly in the age of social media.
- What excites them most is the opportunity to solve scientific challenges and create products that have a societal impact.