In this episode of Life Science Success, I am interviewing one of the world’s leading business thinkers, Dr. David Burkus’ forward-thinking ideas and bestselling books are helping leaders build their best team ever.
- Dr. David Burkus discusses the challenges of remote and hybrid work environments and the importance of deliberate leadership
- He emphasizes the need for fair feedback, giving feedback in proportion to how someone is doing
- Dr. Burkus also stresses the importance of micro praises and the need to be deliberate about recognizing employees’ successes
- He believes that many organizations are approaching remote and hybrid work in the wrong way and need to have a broader conversation about the type of work that should happen in the office versus remotely
- Dr. Burkus is inspired to make work not suck and wants to help organizations tap into their employees’ potential
- He also discusses his course, “Build Your Best Team Ever,” which provides research-based actions for team leaders to improve their teams’ dynamics and productivity